Whenever you feel down, the most important thing is to search for the solution that makes you feel better. Medicines and antibiotics help you to manage the symptoms of common cold to bacterial infections. However, it is important to consider your doctor’s advice before taking any antibiotic in UK to stay safe from side effects.
Antibiotic in UK & Its Uses
Antibiotics are strong drugs prescribed to treat different kinds of infectious diseases caused by bacteria. Though many bacteria in the human body are harmless, some of them can create health issues therefore antibiotics are suggested to recover from these bacterial infections. It is important to note that antibiotics only treat bacterial infections so you cannot take them to treat other viral infections such as colds. Antibiotics can be narrow-spectrum or broad-spectrum. Narrow spectrum antibiotics are effective to treat a few kinds of bacteria but the latter one treats a wide range of bacterial infections that causes many common health issues.
- Antibiotics, such as amoxicillin, are suitable to treat middle ear infections.
- Penicillin and amoxicillin are effective to cure strep throat issues.
- Sinus inflammation is an early symptom of sinus infection. Doctors normally suggested doxycycline and amoxicillin-clavulanate (Augmentin) to treat such infections.
- Cephalexin and sulfamethoxazole or trimethoprim immediately start working to treat urinary tract infection.
Antibiotic in UK: Mechanism of Action
When you take antibiotics to treat bacterial infection, it kills the harmful bacteria in your body. Secondly, antibiotics stop their growth so they cannot multiply. Different antibiotics work differently in the human body. For instance, some antibiotics remove the infection by destroying the cell wall of bacteria. On the other hand, few antibiotics interfere with the working of bacterial cell walls. Your prescriber will diagnose the type of bacteria causing infection and will suggest antibiotic after determining the way antibiotic reacts to different infections. Antibiotics are available in capsules, tablets, liquids, lotions, sprays and injection forms.
When Can I Take Antibiotics?
Improper use of antibiotics can cause side effects so you should keep the following points in mind while taking antibiotics.
- Take it When Necessary: Antibiotics are prescribed for short-term as its long or overuse make the bacteria resistant and antibiotics become less effective. This increases the severity of illness and patients may take a long time to recover. Thus , you should follow the treatment plan suggested by your doctor to reduce the probability of bacterial resistance.
- Follow your Doctor’s Instruction: You should follow the treatment plan given by your doctor. If you are feeling well after taking a few doses of antibiotics, don’t stop the dose but complete the duration. This is because your bacterial infection may come back after a few times. Antibiotics may also not work well in future infection.
- Never suggest Antibiotics: Prescription medicines are suitable only for individual patients. Different antibiotics fight different bacterial infections. When you suggest someone to take antibiotics it can cause an allergic reaction in that person. Thus , it is important to take any antibiotic with your doctor’s approval.
Bacterial infections are common today but antibiotics are used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria. Basically, antibiotics refers to antimicrobial substances used against bacteria. They either remove the bacteria from the human body or impede their growth. If you are looking for an online service to buy antibiotic in UK, you can rely on Super Meds, which is a trustable online pharmacy. We also provide a bulk ordering facility to our customers. You just have to visit your required product page to select the quantity of medicine to complete your ordering process. Feel free to use our services today to get rid of bacterial infections.